Data Breach Prevention: Establishing Protocols to Prevent and Handle Data Breaches
Data breach constitutes a severe concern for every company, no matter the nature of its business, the volume it handles, and its clientele. It leaks confidential information about the organization or its clientele, and in worst cases, both. Accordingly, companies must take data breaches seriously and hire professionals to set up proactive and reactive data breach protocols that help them mitigate the risk and minimize the damage.
Alliant Cybersecurity, the leading cybersecurity company in the US, proves a worthwhile partner in this regard. We help our clients set up effective, compliant, and relevant proactive and reactive data breach protocols to exercise damage control. As a result, our clients stay relieved and enjoy cybersecurity to the possible extent. Get a detailed insight into how we set up data breach protocols for our clients from diverse business domains.
How to Setup Proactive Data Breach Protocols
We follow an eight-step data breach protocol that eliminates the possibility of a data breach happening on account of human error or process errors. Here’s how we help you avoid a data breach in your organization.
- Employee Training: We create awareness among your employees and train them on cybersecurity. We do this on a continual basis to avoid incidents of a data breach.
- Data Protection and Enforcement of Strong Passwords: We set up cybersecurity systems for comprehensive data protection. Further, we mandate and schedule password changes at least every six months.
- Continual Data Monitoring and Transfer: Our experts continually monitor your data and track its transfer throughout the company to avoid data misuse and exploitation.
- Setting up Access Limitations and Download Restrictions: We enforce access restrictions to avoid unauthorized entries and to avoid access or use of data by unauthorized people. Further, we also impose download restrictions and help prevent the transfer of sensitive data to external machines.
- Avoiding Patch Vulnerabilities: We patch redundant software and address vulnerabilities promptly to avoid letting these factors allow someone to cut through security.
- Data and Device Encryption: We encrypt data and devices to protect the data that they contain and thus reduce their vulnerability toward attacks.
- Addition of Security Layers: Our cybersecurity experts add an additional security layer in the form of enforcing a two-factor authentication to facilitate a higher level of security, without letting data security rely entirely on just password authentication.
- Establishing a Breach Recovery Plan: Our team sets up and implements a quick and responsive breach recovery plan to minimize the risk and the subsequent damage caused by the data breach.