Virtual CISO & Policy Advisory
With the ever evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, it is more important than ever to have a resource that you can trust to manage your organization’s cybersecurity strategy. Typically, that would be a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). Unfortunately, many businesses do not have the security budget to hire a full-time CISO. This is where our Virtual CISO offering comes in; A vCISO can provide your business with the same level of expertise and guidance as a full-time CISO, without breaking the bank.
Aside from your overall cybersecurity management, a vCISO can also leverage their expertise to guide your organization through policy planning and writing. With 56% of Americans not knowing what steps to take in the event of a data breach, it is crucial for business leaders to have a written policy in place so your business can be ready for anything.
Why a Virtual CISO Is The Right Fit For Your Business
Much like a Chief Information Security Officer, a Virtual CISO primarily handles the implementation and management of an organization’s cybersecurity posture, offering third-party opinions and guidance. Our Virtual CISO’s come with years of industry experience, hold many industry certifications and are passionate about securing American businesses.
A Virtual CISO:
- Cybersecurity Program
- User Awareness Training
- IT Solutions and Tools
- Recommendations from Assessments and Penetration Tests
- Data Security Protocols
- Incident Response Objectives
- A Culture of Strong Information Security
- Threat Reporting
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- In-House IT Staff
- Cloud Migration
- Vendor Relations
- Ongoing Risks
- IT Decisions
There is not a one-size-fits-all solution to cybersecurity policy. Every organization must define policies that are aligned with the goals and objectives of the business. That may be tough to figure out on your own if you are a small or medium sized business.
What security measures should you implement? Where are you most vulnerable? How can you prevent data breaches? What should you do in the event of a data breach? Who can you trust? Where do you start?
The first step is always to perform a network security assessment. Your network needs to be tested for vulnerabilities to find where it is weakest and exploitable. Once your baseline for security has been established, then we can help you put the policy pieces in place to protect what you have worked for. Our cyber policy advisory includes:
Third Party Policy and Vendor Management Review
- Verify security controls are in place
- Review outside vendor agreements to ensure data privacy and protection
- Consulting and security due diligence on third party engagements
Operational Policy and Procedures Consulting
- Review procedures to verify implementation of security controls
- Review security control procedures
- Create acceptable use policy
- Written information security program
Security and Regulatory Standard Consulting
- Ensure security alignment with NIST/ISO frameworks
- Regulatory review to ensure compliance with California Consumer Privacy Act, General Data Privacy Rule, Ohio Data Protection Act, etc.
Alliant Cybersecurity Advantage
Get the Alliant advantage today! Contact us for general consultation or reach out to us on our hotline number for a cyber-emergency.